Monday, July 8, 2013

First Day in Japan

Hello Everyone! :D

This is a quick post on today's events :)

Today I awoke at 4:50 a.m got ready for Japan, and went to the airport. (all with an infinite amount of help from my wonderful momma :>)

Here we are before the flight:



Then my buds and I flew out to Japan, and we bussed to our hotel.



Naturally, we chilled for a while, and watched with fascination all he ludicrous and extremely entertaining Japanese advertisements on our TV.

We even saw Japanese anime in Japan! :P


Then we bussed over to the local mall, and wandered around looking at food for a while.
We ended up deciding on this restaurant later on:




Then we went to the "CAPCOM Plaza", where we wasted some Yen on some crane machines and arcade like things.
I spent 300 Y and then was like, I'm out man, I will not lose any more money to these machines..
(300 Y is about 3 USD)

After that we went shopping in a really bizarro store that was a lot like USA's Spencers, with weird little things for sale all over the place, and then we went into a bookstore.

You know, I never realized how hard it is to find a book in a store, even if you know what you are looking for, if you cannot read the language.
Being illiterate sucks! @.@ lol

Anyway, we also earlier went to some CD store and looked at the vocaloid music and other music that they had for sale.

Then we went for dinner.
I got some sort of deep fried breaded pork thing with eggs, rice, and a salad:







It was okay, but was like soaked in soy sauce.
(which I don't like very much... lol)

After that we went to a store with all sorts of cool stuff, DSI's 3DS's, games, manga, anime, dvds, cds, manga/anime model character thingies, and yes- even Yu Gi Oh cards XD

That was fun.
Only, I almost didn't get anything.
But I settled on an anime figurine.
Ill have to post the photo later, cuz she is packed away atm.

But she is awesome :D
Jeff convinced me to buy her, and he bought the other one of her.
(His is sexier, but mine is.. idk cute :>)

Then we left, went home, and...
We hung out at the other guys hotel room.
(Stuart and I share a room, and the other three guys share one.
Stuart is really chill so I am happy XD)

We played Yahtzee, ate weird food, laughed at weird commercials and weird shows, and even managed to encounter the real world.
Which, of course, as all good students do, we avoided :)









We then hung out for a while longer, and then said our goodbyes.
My model said goodbye to Jeff's, and Stuart and I headed back to our room.

We then prepared for bed, and now here I am writing this blog post on my phone using my bluetooth keyboard! XD







Which, btw, is connected to an ingenious converter rig designed, or conceived rather, by my mother as shown below:






All in all it has been an epic and amazing first day and I cannot wait for more! :D

I'll update you all soon!

Thanks for reading, and I hope my narrative recap wasn't too awful ;)

Love,

~James D.









^*The view from our hotel window
(we didnt look much, were out a lot xD \m/ but nice to have :>)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPortal Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment